Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wow I know another posting!

SO I did it! Or at least I'm going to do it! I signed up to be a shavee with St. Baldricks and am going to face the shaver in November when I head back to Michigan for a school thing/visit. I still am also kicking around the idea of doing a BIG event here in Fayetteville in March. But I haven't decided yet. Otherwise I know for sure that March 2012 I'll definitely be doing an event here. I'm sorta nervous but actually really excited to be doing this! I was taking a shower this morning and actually thought what a relief it would be to not have to wash so much hair every morning!! Haha....I'm super pumped about this event, and this organization! I'm going to be coming up with a plan in the next few weeks about the specifics of where, when, and how everyone can come celebrate my new baldness!!! But for now check out my event page, make a donation, if you'd be interested in joining me I'd love to have you, if you'd be interested in just being there to watch that would be fun to!

5 comments:

  1. I think that about my hair ALL THE TIME! haha I always threaten Brian I am going to just shave it off. This would be great but I am just such a chicken to do it. Maybe some day I will get the guts to do it and maybe save a child's life. YAY for you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I told Mark what I was planning to do his only question was 'Do I have to shave my head too?' When I told him he didn't have to he was all for it :-D I'm really excited for this I just hope I don't have a funny shaped head and end up looking goofy like all those guys did their first week at basic haha! And you can always donate to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths, they're a great campaign that donates the wigs specifically to women/girls who have lost their hair to cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Nicole.. you have to many pretty features for anyone to notice if your head is shapped wierd.. you will be fine.. and also you can wear those dooooo rag things ...
    good luck.. I think Mark should do it to..

    ReplyDelete
  4. what does your employer say about you shaving your head? Nothing in your contract that says you can't voluntarily shave your head bald? *LOL

    Love you!!!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I emailed my boss today to let her know I was taking a day and a half off in November and told her why. And she said "Thanks for the heads up (haha get it)" so they're cool with it haha

    ReplyDelete