Saturday, August 28, 2010

"If even a virgin could give birth to a baby, I must really be in bad shapt."

So I'm reading a book called Hannah's Hope by Jennifer Saake. I'm almost halfway through it ( I started reading yesterday) and so far I've laughed, cried, and more often than I'd like to admit completely understood what the author has been through. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has gone through the infertility process, or dealt with miscarriage or lost adoption. Its been refreshing to read a book that so clearly deals with the things I've been through lately. But at the same time it has really confirmed in my mind that we will never go through extensive fertility treatments. I want a family more than anything, but I know that families can look like different things. Right now my family is a family of two. And that can be ok, hopefully my family will grow in the near future if possible. But if not I have to learn to be ok with that. It has definitely re-affirmed my desire to adopt out of the foster system. I almost feel selfish trying for a baby when SO MANY kids need a home that I can provide.  And part of me can't help but think how much easier my life would be if we stopped trying. The pain of month after month not conceiving is like a little knife that keeps twisting, added to that if I went back on an oral birth control a LOT of the symptoms of my PCOS would clear up and make my life much nicer on my body. And the irony that going on birth control would help ease the symptoms of the thing keeping me from getting pregnant is not lost on me!! Trust me! Anyways just wanted to let ya'll (hehe southern influences!) know about this book and once I finish it I will definitely post again on how I feel at the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment