Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Goals

So after last weeks slightly depressing post I have decided to come up with a life list of sorts letting you all know my goals for the next year, five years, ten years, lifetime. So that this way you all can hold me accountable for them, and help encourage me to meet them. :-) some are pretty out there, others are pretty basic, but all in all these are the goals I have decided to set for myself. Please feel free to comment, share, pray for me as I reach for them, and push me when I need it!!

By 12/31/2010
  • Read at least one Jane Austin book cover to cover (or kindle beginning to end as the case may be)
  • Start taking Aikido lessons
  • Get pregnant and/or restart the adoption process in Arkansas
  • Make my recruitment goals at work and get my bonus!
By 12/31/2011
  • Train to 
    • become a self-defense instructor
    • become a CPR/First Aid instructor
    • speak Spanish fluently (or be on my way to that goal)
  • Finish writing my book. To see my progress check out my page on Scribd
  •  Have at least one child
  • See the Grand Canyon
  • Go on a cruise
  • Let go of vanity and shave my head for cancer St. Baldricks
  • Become a Boy Scout troop leader since I can't be a Girl Scout Troop Leader
By 12/31/2015
  • Buy a house
  • Get Mark through college :-D
  • Finish my Master's degree
  • Learn how to change my own oil
  • Write a second book
  • Spend a month living in a different country and/or host an exchange student
By 12/31/2030
  • Renew my vows
  • Be a PTA/Soccer mom with a carload of kids :-D
  • Have visited every continent 
  • Seen every Presidential Museum
  • Run for public office whether that's a city council rep, State Rep, Senator, President ;-)
  • Have my PhD
  • Start my own non-profit
  • Teach someone how to read
  • Be a good/happy person
  • Be graceful
  • Do something absurdly generous
So that is my list as of now. Just because it's under the 2030 category doesn't mean I can't do it sooner, I could theoretically do all of it by the end of next year....though I don't think I'll have the time or resources to necessarily do that. :-) I can't wait to scratch things of the list and add new things to the list as I think of them.
Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. I'd really like to see "Finish Rachel and Jason's wedding quilt" under the December 2010, entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *LOL....HA HA...thats a good one Rachel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Consider it added for the December 2011 ;-) haha j/k I promise I am actually working on it, it's just really hard to sew without a table

    ReplyDelete