Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Changes coming!

So as I blogged about last time, I've actually been getting some notice for the 10 million resumes I've sent out across the country. I had the interview with the Girl Scouts and it went really well, they asked me for a second interview and references and that also went really well. I had the interview in Grand Haven, didn't go so well. And then got called for another interview in Kalamazoo with a different organization. That is scheduled for next week. Well this morning I got an offer from the Girl Scouts! It would be in either Little Rock or Fayetteville and they want to know by tomorrow morning!!
So now some hard decisions have to made and prayed about. Moving away from family and everything we know wasn't as hard to think about when it was in the abstract of a possible job offer. Now that the offer is here I don't know what to think. Little bit scared because I've never had a 'real' job before so my fear of failure comes out. But then I also have that twinge of not wanting to leave what is comfortable and nice about Holland. We really do love it here, we've got a great church, good friends, family close by, and we're halfway through our adoption process. But I also know that I have to be open to wherever God is calling us, and that may actually be Arkansas. To get this offer before we have kids/are finished with the homestudy process may be perfect timing. I really don't know. Mark would be able to go back to school, I'd finally be working, we'd be in a place with a lower cost of living, and who knows maybe Arkansas is perfect for us. You never know until you jump right? So today will be an interesting day, Mark and I have a lot to talk about, and a really big decision to make. I would really like it if everyone could pray for us/me as we make this decision, I really want to make the right one.

1 comment: