Thursday, March 4, 2010

Welcome

Hey everyone,
So I've decided that this is the best way to keep everyone up to date on what is going on with us and our adoption journey. So as I told you all in my facebook note, I went down to the Department of Human Services (DHS) here in Holland. Well it was not the most promising of beginnings!! The guy at the front desk had absolutely no idea what I was talking about when I asked to speak to someone about adoption. Finally, after forcefully suggesting I knew what I was talking about, he called the Adoption and Foster Care manager (hmm think having someone there with that title should really have given him a clue dontcha think?). Anyways she wasn't really that helpful just took my name and infor and the information of the girl we're interested in and told me I would get a call from their adoption worker.
So needless to say I was pretty disappointed when I left there! Well later that night (around 4:30 as I was getting ready to go to work) I got the call from the adoption worker. She told me that basically they contract out all of the MARE adoptions to Bethany Christian Services (don't get me started on the Empty State Theory). So she gave me the contact information for one of the workers there, she said that I could either call them or she would be calling them later and giving them my information. Well of course I chose to take the initiative and called BCS myself and talked to the lady there. Well that went swimmingly (not) apparently there is an orientation meeting once a month, and while you know having only been March 3rd I thought I was good, well apparently not, I guess the meeting is the first Monday of the month!! Which was March 1st. So we have to wait until April 5th. UGH! After the orientation meeting we will be able to fill out an application.
So that is all we have so far. We can't do anything until the April meeting which is very frustrating for me, since I am the type that when I decide to do something I want to do it right away. I guess I'm mostly frustrated that we missed the March meeting by two days! Oh well, so that's all we have so far. can't wait til there is more exciting news to share.

Love,
Nicole and Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment