Monday, March 22, 2010

Signs, Signs, and More Signs

There have been so many signs that adoption is meant for us. It started with a Jone's Soda Cap and has included books, movies, songs, bible verses, church sermons, ads, presentations and so on and so on. Even now after we've made the decision we're still seeing them everywhere. At church last week there was a notice in the bulletin advertising a foster care/adoption meeting at church on the 24th. After church we stayed and talked to some friends of ours and were saying bye to Britton (our friend/pastor) and he introduced us to another couple in the church who had just gone through the process for foster care and were promoting the meeting on the 24th. After a quick hello we were on our merry way...later that week I received a really nice email from Ann (of the couple we meet at church) encouraging us in our adoption journey and personally inviting us to the meeting on the 24th. Now what is so special about this meeting you may ask.....well....it's exactly the same meeting that will be at BCS on April 5th!!! A whole 12 days earlier!! The only problem being that the 24th is a Wednesday, which is the same night I work at Parkway, so hopefully I can find someone to work for me otherwise Mark will get there on time and I'll meet him after I get out of work. Luckily I'm working first off, so I'd be able to get there around 7 or so.
So that would put us at getting out application in 12 days sooner and then our PRIDE and homestudy done 12 days sooner.
Then this week at church we had a presentation by BCS which was very interested. There are about 6,000 children in Michigan available for adoption and there are over 10,000 churches in Michigan. If each church did it's duty we could solve the adoption, well Mark and I have Ridgepoint covered so it's up to the rest of you to meet your churches quota ;-) haha j/k. Anyways Mark turned and looked at me and said 'did you know this was happening today *the presentation' I said no and he was blown away at how God keeps sending us signs. But it was definitely cool with me. Today on the radio they were talking about adoption to when I was driving home from teaching, it was a very interesting discussion on behavioral problems children might have when they are adopted.
So anyways we have a lot of great resources that we've been reading so if anyone is ever interested in checking them out let me know.
Love you all, can't wait to let you know when we've successfully made it to the meeting on the 24th instead of the 5th. I'll be sure to updated you as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment