Sunday, May 8, 2011

Another First Day

So tomorrow is my first day at my new job as a Membership and Community Development Manager for the Girl Scouts Michigan Shore to Shore!!! YIKES I know I know you guys probably have whiplash from our multiple cross-country moves in less than a year, but honestly it was worth it! In Arkansas I got the experience my resume had been lacking, a chance to live in a whole other state *which felt like a whole other country* meet some amazing people, and learn alot about myself.....Now in Michigan I will get the chance to continue doing the work that I love doing, be closer to family and get the added opportunity/challenge of working from home. So we're both really excited, we'll actually be splitting the distance between our UP families and our Zeeland/Holland families. Which is very exciting because that means we'll be a lot closer to my God Daughter!!! YAY!!
But while neither of us really cared for Fayetteville itself I am super sad to be leaving our friends that we made there. Mark always has a really easy time making friends, me not so much. I make a lot of acquaintances, but count very few people as true friends...In AR I actually made some true friends that are amazing people, and I'm very sad to leave them! I just hope that my first day at GSMISTS goes as well as my first day with the Diamonds council, though I am positive there are no co-workers as awesome as the two who started with me at Diamonds hopefully I'll get lucky twice! There is another girl starting the same day as me so at least I wont be the only new kid on the block! Sad thing about working out-based though is I won't get to interact with my co-workers as much so I'll have to find other ways to make friends...blah....oh well I have a very awesome week filled with training and meeting and touring and I get to stay with my mom all week so yay! We're going up next weekend to look at rentals and even one house that I really like, so not sure how that is going to work, I might end up working next week at my parents house so that I'll have access to the net, but that is to be determined. I go back to Arkansas on the 20th for two things...1 a wedding for a very awesome couple and 2. to get my stuff, my dog, and my hubby and drive the 13 hours trip AGAIN....sigh....luckily with so many people moving OUT of Michigan we were able to get a REALLY good deal on the moving truck coming IN to Michigan. Literally we're spending half as much on the truck, plus adding a tow option for our other vehicle! YAY, add to that the fact I'm staying with my parents this transition instead of a hotel, and that the cost of living in Alpena is much cheaper we are seriously coming ahead on this move! Oh yeah and I got a raise! WOOHOO to not being as poor!


In other news on Friday I had my last baby day appointment, and it went pretty much as expected...my body sucks....there was some follicle development but it was smaller than the last time so they really weren't expected to go anywhere :-( even though I had prepared for that answer, it still sucked...the doctor was ready to start talking other options, inject-able hormones, steroids, in-vetro. But because of the move I politely declined and got my records so we can make a decision later...I think that what we're going to do is let my body go back to normal...do oral birth control and even out my hormones so that I can stop breaking out like a 12 year old, get back to my normal weight and just be happy in my body again! and hopefully that will help kickstart my ovaries...not likely but at least I won't feel like a pimply beached whale! And we're back in the area of Bethany Christian Services so that option might be re-visited...I definitely know that we'll be giving it a little time, I need to get my head screwed back on straight. It's hard to make decisions about things when you're a hormone mood swingy mess. I have no idea any more what thoughts/ideas/etc are my own and what are caused by the medications...it's not a nice feeling to have a head like that...I'll get to concentrate on my new position, on finding a house, on spoiling my nieces and nephews and being the best God Mother ever.... sorry it's been such a long time since and update, but like I said when you're brain feels out of control it's not a nice feeling and I didn't feel like sharing not nice feelings, so thus the silence....Today was pretty rough for me, being Mother's Day and all, it was nice though because I got to spend the day with my Mom and we kept busy which helped. But that sinking/sucking feeling in my chest was there all day, just like it is every day but especially today with so much focus on moms was hard.....but one month til that other holiday dedicated to pointing out the fact that my body is a biological failure...yay....ok see enough of this, told you my head isn't pretty right now....I love you all, Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there and to all of those others who are dealing with the evil 'I' word I understand, and I share your pain....there's always next year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment