Thursday, February 10, 2011

6 Months

So you may be wondering how things went for us last month....well they pretty much sucked. I had my appointment on the 31st and was expecting to go in there, get a shot, get sent home and make a baby...Well that didn't even come close to happening. Firstly, I got there and was pulled into a separate room to talk about the fact that my insurance sucks! Yep while they'd said that they would cover fertility treatments, what they really meant was they would cover In-Vitro. Not anything else after the diagnosis of infertility. I'm not exactly sure what world that makes sense in but that is the world of insurance I suppose. So we were given a schedule of costs which breaks down to about 300-350 every visit. Yikes!
So I signed the schedule said if we agreed to continue I understood that my insurance didn't cover anything, and from there I went to my actual appointment.
My regular doctor was out so I had to meet with a different doctor, which really isn't a big deal but I like my doctor. Anyways she did an ultrasound and that's where everything really went downhill. As you all may remember I took 10 days worth of oral hormones, induced a period, did 5 days of clomid which was supposed to induce ovulation. Well apparently that didn't happen. UGH so we did blood work and now I'm back on metformin, then doing round 2 of hormones and clomid at a higher dosage.
With clomid you only can do 6 rounds before it starts to do more harm than good in terms of fertility....So thus the title of this post. 6 month....though technically we're in month 2 so we only have 5 more months. But after coming home from my appointment and crying on my wonderful husbands shoulder we came to a decision. After our 6 months if we're not pregnant than we're done...I go back on birth control and get my body back under control and we focus solely on adoption if we still feel sane.
We're trying to feel good about everything, but I'm not doing such a good job..I knew that there was still a possibility of things not working even with the fertility treatments. I didn't really anticipate the whole insurance fiasco, but I knew things might not work, that doesn't really lessen the disappointment. I'd had such a good feeling that things might work, and the disappointment was rough...

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law just started the adoption process. They lost my niece when she was born premature with Trisomy 18 last May and she had a miscarriage last month. They do have a 4 year old daughter as well. They believe this is the path for them to take. God has a plan for you two even if it may not turn out the way you thought it would. I know it will be tough but remember who is in control. =) Prayers to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie, I appreciate everyones prayers so much, and we'll be praying for your sister and brother in law the adoption process can be so overwhelming but so incredibly worthwhile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, I am praying as well. It is a blessing to part of a faith community that prays, and that will continue to life not only you, but your wonderful husband as well. I understand that this is difficult, but I quote," know the plans I have for you DECLARES THE LORD!!" He is totally in control, and has a great plan for you! May God give you grace during the time of waiting to see what His plan is! Blessings! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Michele! Paitence has never been a strong suit of mine, but slowly I'm learning!

    ReplyDelete