Monday, April 12, 2010

Kid's Toys, and More fun

So today I wandered around Wal-Mart and had some fun buying some more specific purchases for our child. It's a little difficult because we don't know whether we'll be getting a boy or girl plus since they will be old enough to have specific personalities. So I was looking for some items that would be generic enough for any kid to like. So these are some of the things that made it into my shopping cart: Crayons, chalk, colored pencils, Yahtzee (since I finally learned how to play), Candy Land, Guess Who (which was ridiculously hard to put together by the way!). I also bought a couple of new kid friendly dvd's: Tarzan, Ice Age, Anastasia, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, and 17 Again.
I also got some more stuff for their room, including an alarm clock and clothes hamper, it's really feeling real when you're buying the everyday things that soon we're going to have a family!
For those of you know don't know, we're planning on homeschooling for at least the first year (longer if I can convince Mark) it's something I'm really passionate about, and considering I'll still be in school it works out well because I'll be home during the day with class at night. By homeschooling we'll be able to ensure that s/he will be up to speed with their class when they go back to school (unless I can convince mark to let me homeschool until High School (if that works for our family) I've been doing a lot of research on different curriculum's and such. I'm such a nerd I know, but I've really been enjoying looking at all the different options and seeing what other parents do.
So we're filling out our application, we both got fingerprinted, we're almost done with it, found a few more references, the hard thing is that we know lots of people that know each of us individually that would love to be references, but most of the people that know us as a couple are family which we can't use, so that's been a bit difficult. But we are very greatful to the those who have agreed to be references. It really means a lot to us that so many people are willing to stand with us in this process! It means so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment